We took the time to ask hoteliers what they expected from a laundry and linen hire service and then reengineered our organisation to deliver the results our clients expect.
A major step in delivering these expectations was a complete plant upgrade in 2012. Ralph St Laundry partnered with the world’s leading laundry equipment companies Jensen’s and Ecolab to make our clients’ expectations possible. We now utilise the most advanced laundry equipment available in the world giving us the edge in productivity, quality and turnaround.
We operate seven days a week, 365 days a year inclusive of all public holidays. We have a current washing capacity of 2400 Kg/hr. with automated control at every stage from washing, drying, ironing and folding.
Our production process
- Your soiled linen is picked up from your loading dock and transported to our Laundry.
- Soiled linen is pre-sorted based on classification (sheets, towellings, F&B etc.)
- Soiled linen is loaded on an overhead rail bag system.
- It is then transferred via an overhead conveyor system to the continuous batch washing machine.
- The wash cycle of approximately 30 minutes includes a high temperature sterilisation cycle.
- 50 kilogram loads are produced and extracted every two minutes through a press.
- Linen is then transferred automatically through a computerised shuttle system to the waiting dryers.
- Linen comes out of the dryer and is then assigned to the finishing area.
- Linen is processed based on its classification. All linen is quality inspected, packed, invoiced and dispatched.
- Specially designed trolleys for the hotel and hospitality industry are used in the transportation of linen and form an integral part of the roll-on, roll-off transport system.